    Re: iSCSI: 12-97 Bit Rule

    pat_thaler@agilent.com wrote:

    [cheerfully deleted 0-content reply]

    > On the particular text:
    > 8) The message sent is P and appended at the end are the
    >    bit coefficients of CRC(x), with x^31 bit coefficient
    >    first, then x^30, etc.
    > the problem is that the x^31 bit doesn't go first when it is in the frame.
    > Also, bits can go through their entire existence without being sent in
    > serial order so nothing is first. Say which bit of the CRC goes into which
    > bit of the digest field and you are done.

    Bzzt. Wrong.

    As you said, this is all hypothetical. Just as Julian said:
    ``hypothetical bit stream''.

    How did you get ``frame'' involved?

    You're mixing high-level, and low-level implementation.

    Once you have that bit stream ready and built, as outlined
    above by me, _THEN_ you pass it to the upper layers
    which will take care of sending and reordering, and what not.

    AND IF an implementation can ``see'' that it can optimize
    things just because their bit/byte order is such an such,
    then so be it, BUT the explanation should be formal enough
    and NOT refer to any particular implementation.

    --
    Luben

Last updated: Thu Jun 13 20:18:53 2002
10791 messages in chronological order