    Re: iSCSI: 12-97 Bit Rule

    pat_thaler@agilent.com wrote:

    > The meaning of bit numbers 0 through 7 is clear and explicit in this
    > document. Both the information in 1.3 and the diagrams Chapter 9 make it
    > clear that iSCSI normally uses bit 0 as the most significant bit of a byte.
    > This is also the general IETF convention.

    Uuuuh, I know all this Pat, why do you waste bandwidth?

    BTW, this is NOT what you were saying in your other emails.

    > I know that some of us find the alternate numbering more logical, but we are
    > bound by IETF conventions.

    We, in general are bound by many things, e.g. gravity.

    This is why I tried to put forward an explanation of the
    computation steps which are not bound by the conventions used,
    but set forth their own ordering, and numbering, so as much
    as you can take it out of context and it would still work!

    > The draft is now consistant and unambiguous.

    Are you sure Pat?

    This is a big matso ball out there to make a statement like
    this and tomorrow post a message saying that something somewhere
    is ``unclear''.

    Pat, you should stick with your story, and not change it on a daily
    basis, like yesterday saying that ``bit rule is this and that'', and
    ``the CRC is this and that'', and today saying that ``everything is fine''.

    Less politics, more constructive algorithms. (you can quote me on this)

    --
    Luben

Last updated: Thu Jun 13 19:19:19 2002
10780 messages in chronological order