    From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 9:11 AM
    To: Eddy Quicksall
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu; pat_thaler@agilent.com
    Subject: RE: iSCSI: changing MaxPDUDataLength

    That is a fair request - we may slip in a recommendation to that effect (in
    chapter 11?)

    Julo

    	Eddy Quicksall <eddy_quicksall@ivivity.com>

    06/11/2002 04:28 AM
    Please respond to Eddy Quicksall

            To:        Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
            cc:        ips@ece.cmu.edu, pat_thaler@agilent.com

    How about if we say that an initiator must not change the MaxPDUDataSize
    unless it first idles the commands (at least the ones with the R bit) or if
    ErrorRecoveryLevel==0?

    That would simplify target code greatly and would meet the design goals; and
    since it should be rare to change it, it would be of little impact to idle
    the commands for a split second.

    Eddy