    From: Michael Schoberg [mailto:michael_schoberg@cnt.com]
    Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 8:48 AM
    To: 'Mallikarjun C.'; IPS Reflector (E-mail)
    Subject: RE: iSCSI: MaxRecvPDULength simplification

    Thank you for the draft reference.  It's good that the iSCSI group is
    looking at these other drafts.  Unfortunately, I haven't been following the
    TUFs draft so my opinion may be way off.  From my brief read, it seems iSCSI
    may be able to afford a little elasticity with MaxRecvPDULength than what's
    being proposed.  The PMTU reduction scenario is referenced within TUFs as
    rare and recoverable.  In your opinion, could an iSCSI client afford to
    ignore resegmentation on previously sent PDUs (SNACK) or for recovered PDUs
    (task reassignment) and simply apply the new MaxRecvPDULength negotiated
    value on future PDUs?  This would turn the resegmentation feature into a MAY
    from a MUST.

    Thanks.