    RE: iSCSI variable CDB length

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: RE: iSCSI variable CDB length
    • From: "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <Elliott@hp.com>
    • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:01:07 -0500
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    The variable length CDB structure (spc3r07 table 7) has an 8 byte
    header, with a one byte ADDITIONAL CDB LENGTH field indicating the
    additional size in bytes.  That field must be a multiple of 4, so
    the maximum value is 252, restricting the maximum CDB length
    to 260 bytes.

    > 2. Is it intended that the maximum length of ExtendedCDB
    > field in the iSCSI Extended CDB AHS comes from SPC-3?

    The iSCSI AHS carries bytes 16-259 of a variable length CDB.
    The 2-byte AHSLength field needs to contain a value big enough
    to hold the CDB. It should be 8 less than the ADDITIONAL CDB
    LENGTH field in the CDB itself.

    --
    Rob Elliott, elliott@hp.com
    Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology

Last updated: Mon Jun 10 14:19:05 2002
10632 messages in chronological order