    Re: IPS-ALL: PDF versions of the drafts

    Elizabeth,

    The TXT and PDF versions of the FC Encapsulation and FCIP drafts are
    prepared from a common source using automation that should make the
    two identical in terms of content.

    I cannot speak for the other drafts editors, but I believe they are
    using similar processes.

    The only difference between the TXT and the PDF for the FC Encapsulation
    and FCIP drafts is that the PDF contains change bars.

    If you have reviewed the FCIP draft before and want to review only
    the changes resulting from the 1st Last Call, start with the PDF.
    If you find problems, you should be able to go to the same page
    in TXT file and prepare your comment.

    As the above paragraph suggests, I second Elizabeth's reminder that
    the TXT file is the official file. The PDF file is there only to
    make some tasks (like find changes from the last revision) easier.

    All the best.

    .Ralph

    "Elizabeth G. Rodriguez" wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > For a number of our drafts, the editor publishes both text and PDF versions.
    >
    > It is often difficult to find the PDF version on the IETF web site though.
    >
    > The best place to reference for the PDF version of our drafts is
    > http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/ips.html.
    >
    > At the end of the description, it will indicate if a PDF version is also
    > available.
    >
    > This said, I must caution everyone – the TXT version of the draft is the
    > official version of the draft.
    >
    > So, it is recommend that when reviewing the draft for last call, the TXT
    > version be used.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Elizabeth

Last updated: Wed Jun 05 21:18:32 2002