    RE: Question about unsolicited data in 12-95

    <snip>

    I suggest we change the first full sentance to:

        rate iSCSI data PDUs. An initiator may send unsolicited data as imme-
        diate up to the negotiated maximum PDU size, in a separate PDU
        sequence (up to the FirstBurstSize), or both. All subsequent data
        MUST be solicited. ...

    <PAT> The "or both" implies that when sending both the data sent can total
    maximum PDU size plus FirstBurstSize which isn't what was wanted. You could
    fix it by just leaving the description of the length rules to the parameters
    where they are covered:
        rate iSCSI data PDUs. An initiator may send unsolicited data as imme-
        diate, in a separate PDU sequence or both. All subsequent data
        MUST be solicited. ...
    or one could write:
        rate iSCSI data PDUs. An initiator may send unsolicited data up to
        FirstBurstSize as immediate (up to the negotiated maximum PDU size),
        in a separate PDU sequence or both. All subsequent data
        MUST be solicited. ...

    The same problem occurs in the text you suggested for the third paragraph.
    The existing text in that paragraph is accurate though it doesn't
    explicitly mention that sending FirstBurstSize of data may be done
    with a combination of immediate data and unsolicited data. It could be
    left as it is.

    Pat

Last updated: Fri May 31 21:18:35 2002
10446 messages in chronological order