    RE: iSCSI: Negotiation value types and values

    Julian,

    We have gone to the trouble of defining value types in 4.1 but then in 11 when we define some of the keys we don't say what value type each key takes.

    We define boolean-value in 4.1 but keys that take a boolean-value say "key=<Yes|No>" in 11. I think they should say boolean-value.

    We define numerical-value, large-numerical-value and regular-numerical-value but keys in 11 take <unsigned integer-from-x-to-y>. (MaxConnections has a typo - "unsigned" is repeated.) They should take regular-numerical-value or numerical-value depending on size.

    portal-group-tag: 11.8 sends one to Annex D for information about portal-group-tag yet Annex D defines it fairly loosely as numeric, decimal. Target portal group tag (no hyphens) is defined in 11.9 as a 16 bit unsigned integer. Is the portal-group-tag sent as part of TargetAddress required to be in decimal notation or is it any regular-numerical-value or is it really a 16-bit binary string? Does it take the same formats as TargetPortalGroupTag?

    Which format applies to port?

    Pat

Last updated: Wed May 29 01:18:32 2002
10374 messages in chronological order