    RE: iSCSI: Negotiation clarifications still needed

    Pat your proposed 2b may be what we are looking for - i.e. a responder may not originate a key if it has an incomplete key text.

    The text we may want to add to section 4.2 is:

    Key=value pairs may span PDU boundaries. A responder having a received partial key text MUST refrain from originating any new key=value negotiations until it has no incomplete key text. This way one avoids having both negotiating entities assuming the originator role in a negotiation.

    Julo

    pat_thaler@agilent.com

    05/25/2002 12:16 AM
    Please respond to pat_thaler