    Re: [iSCSI]: Key negotiation procedure proposal

    --- Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@wasabisystems.com>
    wrote:

    > > I haven't seen a requirement to send an empty PDU.
    >
    > It's not written anywhere. All I can say is that: 1)
    > the sample for text
    > negotiation (9.10.3) shows empty PDUs, and 2) if we
    > don't do it,
    > negotiation becomes a REAL mess. :-)

    Agreed.

    > > Yeah, so I'm afraid it is not a protocol error
    > > currently. If it is, I'm happier already.
    > > Then, of course, we could say that blank PDUs
    > > aren't even necessary, the sending side can just
    > > send all PDUs that it had to send.
    >
    > I think we should make it an error. :-)

    Yes, we should make it an error.

    And on a second thought, having the blank PDUs
    travelling in the other direction is perhaps
    even simpler than allowing nothing to go in
    the other direction; at least it does not require
    changes to the text in this regard.

    So I'm for requiring blank PDUs in this case.

    > > NSG=CSG and no T/F flag
    > > set (until possibly the last of thos PDUs).
    >
    > If no T bit, NSG == reserved = 0.

    But does it even matter what NSG is in this case?
    Either way is fine with me.

    > The last one of a set of PDUs should probably
    > reflect the desired state.

    Yes.

    We may have to change the subject to make this
    post noticable. I doubt too many people are
    following the current subject at this point.

    Martins Krikis, Intel Corp.

    Disclaimer: my opinions, not necessarily Intel's.