    RE: iSCSI: BASE64 and numerical values

    : CHAP challenges are strings, not numbers.

    Funny that at least one predominant initiator out there only accepts
    hex-valued CHAP challenges.  Perhaps this should be either made clearer in
    the draft or it should be opened up to all iSCSI formats.

    I personally don't see the problem with large decimal, base64, or hex.  It
    seems like the algorithms to convert these back to machine values are
    relatively simple.  They're far simpler than the authentication and
    encryption algorithms we're working with.