    RE: MaxRecvPDULength question

    I'm working on that but being authoritative on that subject turns out to require a fair amount of work combing the draft and has been impacted by some other tasks. I expect to put out something by the end of the day. Pat

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Luben Tuikov [mailto:luben@splentec.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 2:34 PM
    To: THALER,PAT (A-Roseville,ex1); iSCSI
    Subject: Re: MaxRecvPDULength question

    "THALER,PAT (A-Roseville,ex1)" wrote:

    > BTW your email seemed to imply that MaxRecvPDULength is a power of two.

    My computer says: 2^13 = 8192, which in turn is equal to the
    default value of MaxRecvPDULength.

    > Currently, MaxRecvPDULength is not limited to be a power of two.
    > (I recall a discussion about that and I think the concensus was
    > consistant with the current draft.)

    True, but if it changes after login, I can deal with it.
    I.e. I'd not allocate more memory if it shrinks,
    and I'll increase it by PAGE_SIZE if it grows.

    Anyway, this was just a suggestion, not so important.

    I was more interested in getting an authoritative answer
    on the ``Login Request Error'' thread's last message.

    --
    Luben

Last updated: Wed May 22 16:18:38 2002
10211 messages in chronological order