    RE: iSCSI: BASE64 and numerical values

    I am in the process of the reviewing the needs for large numerical values (based on cryptography requirements for specified and other known schemes that vendors may want to use). If The results will indicate that large numerical values are of marginal use I will drop base64 for numbers. If not I will leave it as is.
    As for you "confusion and ambiguity in
    this realm of the spec (e.g., decimal representation, leading zeroes,
    definitions of field size, byte swapping issues, etc.)
    " I am afraid that I don't see how base64 different than hexadecimal
    and I assume a statement about ordering solves both.

    Julo

    "Michael Krueger" <michael.krueger@windriver.com>

    05/20/2002 10:37 PM
    Please respond to "Michael Krueger"