    RE: iFCP: Responses to David Black iFCP Technical review comment s

    I think this is the crucial point:

    > The primitives with the behavior you ascribe to LINIT are those such as
    LIRP
    > (Loop Initialization Report Position) and LILP (Loop Initialization Loop
    > Position), which are frames serviced sequentially as they flow though
    > NL_Ports on the loop. The loop primitive semantics may emulated locally by
    > the gateway implementation and need not be propagated by iFCP.  How the
    > gateway populates the loop with emulated NL_Ports is up to the
    > implementation.

    Yes, I did get confused about which primitive was which ...
    The important thing to state here is that an iFCP implementation MUST NOT
    forward LIRP, LILP and the like over IP.  The result is that an FC-AL loop
    cannot include any iFCP inter-gateway links, and the topology discussion
    of how iFCP participates in an FC fabric needs to reflect this.

    The resolution of the "port behind multiple gateways" issue looks ok.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Tue May 14 20:18:42 2002
10116 messages in chronological order