    Re: Connection Recovery in case of a single connection in a session

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: <Black_David@emc.com>
    To: <monishabarooah@myrealbox.com>; <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 11:46 AM
    Subject: RE: Connection Recovery in case of a single connection in a session

    > This recovery requires the ability to support more than one
    > connection in a session.  Once the first connection is logged
    > out, its tasks are gone.  An implementation that does not
    > support multi-connection sessions cannot do this sort of
    > recovery.

    Not quite accurate.  A single-connection session could do
    task reassignment.  A connection reinstatement (same CID)
    login (when operational ErrorRecoveryLevel=2) would be
    an implicit recovery Logout.  The initiator has the option
    either to reassign the tasks, or simply let the tasks timeout
    (or even abort the non-allegiant tasks).

    New wording regarding the mapping of session/connection
    reinstatements to Logout reason codes was posted to this
    list two weeks ago (by me), and will appear in rev13.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture