    Re: FCIP: Comment 120

    David,

    The "one" got lost in the proposed change and I got lost over how the
    sentence was supposed to end. Checkout the following:

    Change:

      The FCIP Entity is the connection interface point for the IP Network
      and is the owner of the IP Address and Well Known Port used to form
      TCP Connections.

    to:

      The FCIP Entity is the connection interface point for the IP Network
      and is the sole owner of at least one TCP port/IP Address combination
      used to form TCP Connections. The TCP port may be the FCIP well known
      port at a given IP Address.

    Thanks.

    .Ralph

    Black_David@emc.com wrote:

    > Ralph,
    >
    > I suggest the following change, which is mostly editorial, but
    > may raise a different issue.  Old text:
    >
    >         is the sole owner of at least one IP Address and Well Known Port
    >         used to form TCP Connections
    >
    > New text:
    >
    >         is the sole user of at least TCP port at the IP address
    >         used for TCP connections to the FCIP Entity.
    >
    > The editorial change is to remove any implication of sole ownership/
    > usership of the IP address.  The potential new issue is that while
    > FCIP has an IANA-assigned TCP port, the specification should not
    > prohibit use of a different port for initial contact.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --David
    > David L. Black, Senior Technologist
    > EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
    > +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    > black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Fri May 10 16:18:30 2002
10064 messages in chronological order