    Re: FCIP: Comment 109

    Ralph,

    > Interoperability concerns dictate that FCIP must either mandate
    > or prohibit use of CRC,

    Or adopt a must-implement-may-use policy with the FSF indicating
    the choice - which was my strawman.

    I was about to be completely satisfied about the redundancy, but I see that with
    the exception of Timestamp - all other fields are redundant.  If the corruption
    probability of timestamp (with attendant side effects) is considered insignificant
    by everyone else, I wouldn't press this.  Perhaps it is worth noting the lack of
    redundancy for timestamp and leaving it there.

    Regards.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka