    RE: iSCSI: large keys during login?

    Eddy,

    There are many ways to do it. Recall that we had no spanning at all and that was best. But it was not good enough for all values with small PDU's.
    The alternative would be to allow at least the sender to lay out data and the send-it out by cutting it in pieces of PDU length without it having to parse.

    What you are suggesting requires the sender to build the stream considering the boundaries.

    We could go either way but IMHO it is better as we have it now - only the receiver gets more complicated not both receiver and sender.

    Julo

    Eddy Quicksall <eddyq@ivivity.com>

    05/03/2002 11:22 PM
    Please respond to Eddy Quicksall