    Re: iSCSI: Request to change Logout Request

    I will look into it - Julo

    Jarda Beran <jaroslav.beran@s3group.com>

    05/02/2002 11:21 AM
    Please respond to Jarda Beran

            To:        Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
            cc:        ips@ece.cmu.edu
            Subject:        iSCSI: Request to change Logout Request

    Hello Julian,

    Can I make a request to change the position of the field "Reason code"
    in
    the Logout Request from offset 23 to 3.
    This change would make the PDU consistent with others and make decoding
    simpler as most PDUs have fields "Reason" or "Response" at offset 3.

    As you know offsets 20-23 are usually used for "Target Transfer Tag",
    except
    "Expected Data Transfer Length" in the SCSI command (it have no reserved
    fields) and "CID" for Login/Logout requests. I think that "CID" could be
    placed e.g. at offset 40 as an "additional" parameter.

    Regards,

       Jarda

    -------
    Jarda Beran