    Re: iSCSI: large keys during login?

    Bill Studenmund wrote:

    > On Wed, 1 May 2002, Julian Satran wrote:
    >
    > > I pointed to that earlier. TTT are needed only for multiple answers to one
    > > query (like SendTargets).
    > > Spanning responses  over several PDUs can be handled in different ways.
    > > Here is a simple example:
    > >
    > > I->T Key=a
    > > T-> Key=bbbbb (and does not end here i.e., no null in the PDU)

                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Hello,

    I don't know how the above would work. Every string (in this case, the
    key=value string) is assumed to be NULL terminated. If this is not the
    case, the usage of standard string routines like strlen(), strcpy(),
    strstr(), etc will have problems in the iscsi login/text parsers.

    I think the multi-pdu fragmentation and re-assembly mechanisms must be
    uniform across both the login and text pdu's allowing the same code to
    be re-used in both the login and text parsers.

    Hence, it would be better to have the TTT and F bit in the login pdu.
    The receiving side must not interpret any received keys, but simply
    store them, send an empty login/login_rsp pdu back with the TTT set and
    eventually perform re-assembly until the sending side sends a pdu with
    the F bit set. When the 'F' bit PDU is received, the keys may be
    interpreted, negotiations performed, and if necessary, another
    login/login_rsp pdu be sent indicating the appropriate (CSG, NSG, T)
    setting.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    --
    We have enough people who tell it like it is
    Now we could use a few who tell it like it can be.

    -  Robert Orben

Last updated: Wed May 01 16:18:23 2002
9930 messages in chronological order