    Re: iSCSI: Logout request

    thanks - Julo

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    04/30/2002 11:57 PM
    Please respond to Santosh Rao

            To:        ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        Re: iSCSI: Logout request

    I don't see why any such notes are required. This is not an
    implementation guide, its a protocol wire spec. There are other SCSI
    transport protocols that allow the target to do an un-solicited session
    termination, without requiring any implementation notes advising the
    initiators to re-establish their sessions.

    All of the below discussion is implementation specific value-add. A high
    end server may require its initiator to attempt persistent re-connects
    to target ports that are in use by upper layers. A dumb PC driver may
    not need to do this. It is outside the scope of the "scsi transport
    protocol" to define what the implementation should do in this case.
    These requested words fit in the realm of the implementation's design
    spec or some iscsi implementator's guide, not in the core protocol spec,
    IMO.

    - Santosh

    --
    We have enough people who tell it like it is
    Now we could use a few who tell it like it can be.

    -  Robert Orben

Last updated: Fri Jun 21 12:18:43 2002
10921 messages in chronological order