    Re: DH-CHAP

    "Yongge Wang" <ywang@karthika.com> writes:
    > >> You can say this is MITM if you define MITM in this way.
    > >
    > >That's how it is usually defined in the literature.
    >
    > perhpas you can point me to some specific reference in the
    > literature which define it in this way. However, if you read the
    > industry crypto book by Schneier, or the academic book
    > of "Handbook of Applied Cryptography" by Menezes, Vanstone,
    > and Ooschoot, you will not claim that MITM is defined in this way.

    Having read and taught classes from both, I'd say that it is indeed
    defined that way in those books. I invite anyone else reading this to
    flip through them and read for themselves.

    The whole point of a man in the middle DH attack is to intercept the
    communications so that you can deceive the endpoint(s) about who they
    are talking to. Attacks at places like shared ethernet segments are a
    natural for such things.

    --
    Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com