    Re: ISCSI: Unsolicited data in draft v12

    Mallikarjun,

    I understand all those arguments. However I assume that a target is deigned to handle a certain number of commands.
    If the commands come without unsolicited data buffers are immediately available for R2T.

    A good argument against removing the restriction is that at the target solicited data require more processing than unsolicited data and this is generally a resource an initiator shares with others and we should not encourage him to behave badly.

    However since we do not mandate unsolicited data I do not see how leaving the initiator to make the decision on a task basis would affect the target and the initiator will not do it indiscriminately anyhow because it takes a performance hit for using solicited data.

    And thanks for 9.3.5.

    Julo

    "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com>

    09-04-02 02:15