    RE: Crypto review of DH-CHAP

    > A couple times you mentioned that there would be some delay due to
    > "cryptographic review".  While some initial checking is a smart thing,
    > I certainly hope that the posting of draft-00 of DH-CHAP is not being
    > further delayed for this reason.

    Nope, I'm working on the Internet-Draft at the moment.

    > Extensive cryptographic review of the proposal shouldn't be needed at all,
    > especially if it's just a simple a combination of old tried-and-true
    methods.

    You owe us all 0.05 for "just a simple combination" ;-).  WEP was "just
    a simple combination" of RC4 with a CRC, and we all know how badly that
    went awry.

    In any case, I agree that "extensive" cryptographic review should not
    be necessary.  At this point, it's been looked at by a few folks and at
    least one significant change has resulted.  The Internet-Draft will be
    out by Monday, possibly sooner, and I will put it on a web site at the
    same time as I send it to the secretariat.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Fri Apr 05 13:18:18 2002
9527 messages in chronological order