    RE: iSCSI: Last Call process

    ...snip...

    > > > Because the IESG has made that decision.  If the WG wants to get into
    > > > process fight with the IESG over who gets to make that decision, the
    > > > resulting delays will dwarf anything that could result from
    consideration
    > > > of DH-CHAP.  I would not advise this course of action.
    > >
    > > When and where did the IESG make that decision?  Is there some message
    > > from the IESG that documents the decision?  Is there a BCP that
    > > describes the decision?
    >
    > As with much AD/IESG guidance, this is the result of communication
    > between the AD(s) and WG chair(s).  If you want a formal statement
    > of instruction, I can try to get one, but it'll take at least a month
    > to do so, and somehow I don't think the WG wants to wait for
    > that month ...

    This is not a question of "the WG wanting to get into a process fight with
    the IESG".  You haven't shared the reasoning behind the IESG (or is it an
    AD?) insistence that we examine the proposed-but-non-existant DH-CHAP.

    I also would like to hear a direct recommendation from the IESG and/or ADs.
    I don't understand why the IESG would consider holding up a Transport area
    draft when an acceptable authentication standard (SRP) exists, and instruct
    a Transport area WG to work on a new authentication method.

    Thanks,
    Marjorie

Last updated: Fri Apr 05 16:18:21 2002
9530 messages in chronological order