    Re: iSCSI: padding on intermediate sequences

    The last one is allowed to be padded - Julo

    "Anshul Chadda" <anshul.chadda@trebia.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    27-03-02 00:25
    Please respond to "Anshul Chadda"

            To:        "Sukha Ghosh" <sukha_ghosh@ivivity.com>, "'Robert D. Russell'" <rdr@io.iol.unh.edu>, "Eddy Quicksall" <Eddy_Quicksall@ivivity.com>
            cc:        "ips@ece. cmu. edu \(E-mail\)" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
            Subject:        Re: iSCSI: padding on intermediate sequences

    suppose there is a requirement that a Data-In PDU with F-bit set (denoting
    just end of sequence and not last data-in pdu for the command) have real
    data (no pad bytes) in its last 4 byte word.

    Now the target has to keep track of data over sequences. if a target doesn't
    have enough real data to fill the last data-in pdu (in a sequence) to
    integer number of 4 byte words, then it has to wait (don't know for how
    long) for data that might belong to next sequence. this will increase the
    work for target, won't it? and it will break the concept of sequences too as
    we want the sequences to be independent of each other and not wait for each
    other.

    hope i got the question correct!!

    Anshul