    Re: iSCSI: Task management

    The RTT is used for the task on which the operation is performed and the ITT is of the task management function itself!

    Julo

    Michael Schoberg <michael_schoberg@cnt.com>

    26-03-02 22:57
    Please respond to Michael Schoberg

            To:        "IPS Reflector (E-mail)" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>, Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
            cc:
            Subject:        iSCSI: Task management

    I'm not sure if this is a documentation idiosyncrasy or not.  The iSCSI
    Task-Management request has both an "Initiator Task Tag" and "Referenced
    Task Tag".  The description of which is used where seems to overlap.  ABORT
    TASK says it uses the "Referenced Task Tag" field and 9.5.3 says "Initiator
    Task Tag" is used for ABORT TASK.  Also, which field holds the task tag for
    TASK-REASSIGN?  9.5.1 Says "Initiator Task Tag" or should I assume
    "Referenced Task Tag"?

     9.5.1  Function

                    1    ABORT TASK - aborts the task identified by the
    Referenced
                         Task Tag field.

                    8    TASK REASSIGN - reassigns connection allegiance for
    the
                         task identified by the Initiator Task Tag field to
    this con-
                         nection, thus resuming the iSCSI exchanges for the
    task.

      9.5.3  Referenced Task Tag

              The Initiator Task Tag of the task to be aborted for the ABORT
    TASK
              function or reassigned for the TASK REASSIGN function.
              For all the other functions this field is reserved.

Last updated: Wed Mar 27 03:18:38 2002
9334 messages in chronological order