    RE: iSNS scalability

    Sukanta,

    I hope my previous message addressed your question.
    In a nutshell, information in iSNS is dynamic and
    not persistent.  While DNS is more or less a static
    database, iSNS information can be dynamically updated
    by client devices.  The approach you suggested would
    require the storage administrator to call the DNS
    admin to add or change the RR whenever a storage
    device is added, removed, or re-zoned.  My experience
    in working with IT departments is that network and
    storage admins don't talk very often, if at all, so
    I don't think this is a very promising approach.

    Josh