    RE: iSCSI: Login after FFP

    This was mainly to track down a bug in an initiator and I just wanted to verify that it was not valid.  I was wondering if there was wording that prevents a connection in FFP from re-entering login negotiation mode to attempt to form a new session, attach to a different session, or offer a new CID or other parameters.  The wording I was hunting for would say that Login negotiation is a one time event per TCP connection; renegotiation (re-login) is not possible after entering FFP.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Sanjay Goyal [mailto:sanjay_goyal@ivivity.com]
    Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2002 9:51 AM
    To: 'Julian Satran'
    Cc: IPS Reflector (E-mail); owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iSCSI: Login after FFP

    The text does say it.

    2.5.3.2 Login Request and Login Response

    Login Requests and Responses are used exclusively during the login phase of each connection to set up the session and connection parame- ters (the login phase consists of a sequence of login requests and responses carrying the same Initiator Task Tag).

    Regards
    Sanjay G