    RE: Bit numbering I-D nit

    Hi Folks:

    In my opinion, the overriding consideration must be to achieve clarity. In
    that regard, I think the following guidelines should apply to the fibre
    channel related drafts:

    1.  The specification should have one and only one convention for
    representing bits in a structure.

    2. When a fibre channel construct is referenced in the spec, including a
    reference to specific bit positions, the conventions for representing the
    structure and the corresponding textual reference to specific fields or bits
    within it should correspond to the normative fibre channel spec in which the
    structure is defined.

    I would suggest an informative appendix showing the mapping between the
    fibre channel convention and that shown in the 'nits' document cited by
    Ralph.

    thanks,
    Charles

Last updated: Fri Mar 22 19:18:17 2002