    RE: Full Feature Phase and Digests

    Okay, I understand my question now.  Thank you for explaining it to me.

    > In short, every PDU that is used in FFP (i.e. any PDU other than
    > Login and Login
    > Response PDUs) may have digests if so negotiated - section 11.1
    > clearly states this.

    What you say makes sense.  Take a look at the "Symbolic names for States"
    under table 5.1.2 for my confusion on LOGGED_IN.  I think that is its
    source.

    Also, I searched on full feature phase, full-feature phase, and Full Feature
    Phase (Did I miss any?  FullFeaturePhase is a bit name and understandably a
    different object.), but I am still having trouble understanding when the
    connection leaves Full Feature Phase.

    Is it when both sides have sent the TCP FIN bit, or does it end when sending
    a certain iSCSI PDU?  I am inclined to believe the former for simplicity's
    sake.  The text talks about Full Feature Phase ending as a target/initiator
    session attribute, but not Full Feature Phase ending as a connection
    attribute as far as I can tell.  (Full Feature Phase is an attribute of the
    connection according to the last partial sentence on page 36).

    Or is this picking nits?

    Sincerely,
    Randy Jennings
    Data Transit