    iSCSI: MaxCmdSN and the I bit

    1) Section 2.2.2.1 Command Numbering and Acknowledging says

        MaxCmdSN - the maximum number to be shipped.

    But can't anything with the I bit set take on MaxCmdSN+1? If so, should this say "for non-immediate commands, the maximum number ..."? If so, there are a couple of other places to update as well (like 9.4.10).

    2) Is there any reason why the "I" bit would be used with a SCSI Command? I ask this because all SCSI commands have to pass to the SCSI layer and there would be no way to throttle them when the "I" bit is set.

    3) Section 9.4.9 ExpCmdSN - Next Expected CmdSN from this Initiator says:

        An ExpCmdSN equal to MaxCmdSN+1
        indicates that the target cannot accept new commands.

    But it could if the "I" bit was set and your answer to #2 above is "yes", correct?

    Eddy

Last updated: Tue Mar 19 09:18:48 2002
9196 messages in chronological order