    Re: iSCSI: Use of the A bit

    > Actually it does not actually say that.  It says "This is limited to
    > sessions that support error recovery and is implemented through the A bit
    > ..."
    >
    > I know what I am about to say, is nit picking, but ....
    > ErrorRecoveryLevel=0 is an error recovery technique.
    >
    > Having said that, we probably should just change that statement to "This is
    > implemented through the A bit ..."

    John,

    Initiators that use "ErrorRecoveryLevel=0" must not be required to respond to
    an A bit setting with a DataACK. "ErrorRecoveryLevel=0" implies the initiator
    need not support/use SNACK pdu.

    A target can recycle its data buffers once it has completed sending the data,
    since it knows that the initiator will not issue Data SNACK while operating as
    "ErrorRecoveryLevel=0".

    - Santosh

    --
    Santosh Rao