    recovering from a header digest error

    To recover from a header digest error, right now the draft says that neither
    party has to escalate the error to logging out and closing that connection,
    but they may.  Okay, I have a problem.  This is not the same as the CRC
    problem talked about earlier with AHSLength.

    Let us say that the header has an error (I do not care what size) in
    AHSLength or even DataSegmentLength.  Let us say that wherever it ends up
    indicating the Digest is, the algorithm correctly discovers the error.  So
    it must toss the packet out.  How?  There is no end of packet delimiter in
    the spec.  (Note that detecting any error does not tell what field it is in
    (I know, duh).)

    So, I decide that I cannot do this in my implementation (I am allowed to
    escalate the problem to close the connection, I believe), and I want to be a
    good boy and Logout.  Where does my Logout packet start in the TCP stream?
    Again, there is no end of packet delimiter, or start of packet either.

    I see no solution to this.

    Sincerely,
    Randy Jennings
    Data Transit