    From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu]On Behalf Of
    KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)
    Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 12:13 AM
    To: IPS Reflector
    Subject: RE: iscsi : changes involving tgt portal group tag.

    Perhaps we should discuss this in Minneapolis.  I agree with Santosh,
    TPG should be added to the login message to verify that this is the
    intended target port.  I don't see how that is interpreted as
    "discovery territory", since it's just the initiator explicitly
    identifying the intended target port.  Currently a login contains
    initiator and target names, and initiator port number (ISID), so
    adding target port number is consistent.  There's still room in the
    login header, and this wouldn't break any current implementations.
    Why is this a problem?

    Marjorie Krueger
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Networked Storage Solutions Org.