    RE: Huntington Beach DRAFT minutes

    > I cannot find in these minutes any mention of the
    > presentation on the SRP Patents given by David Black.

    Indeed it is missing.  Here's the summary I propose to add:

    -- SRP Intellectual Property Rights (David Black)

    See David's slides for details (contents have been posted to the list).
    Lucent
    has broken their promise to tell the IETF whether the EKE patents are
    related to
    SRP.  Phoenix statement on whether the SPEKE patent relates to SRP is
    expected
    prior to Minneapolis.  Tom Wu (inventor of SRP, author of RFC 2945) attended
    the meeting and said that it is Stanford University's position (Tom invented
    SRP while at Stanford) that no patent rights other than Stanford's (for
    which
    a free license is available on the web) are required for use of SRP.
    Requirement level (MUST/SHOULD/MAY) for SRP in iSCSI will be taken up in
    Minneapolis.

Last updated: Mon Mar 04 16:18:12 2002
8999 messages in chronological order