    Re: referenced task tag

    The reason was to allow the two functions - "abort" and "fill-the-hole" be performed by a the abort-task task management request. This is important both on a single connection and on multiple (when switching connections all the commands on the logged-out connection after expcmdsn have either to be reissued or aborted). If we want to abort them selectively or collectively we still have to fill the holes and the only way to do it is ether abort them with task abort or fill them with nop (otherwise commands from other connections are held-up).
    Your previous note outlines correctly the mechanism and yes you have to check for RefCmdSN only when the task is not there!

    Julo

    "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com>

    01-03-02 03:49