    From: Robert D. Russell [mailto:rdr@io.iol.unh.edu]
    Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 2:25 PM
    To: Bart Crane
    Cc: 'ips@ece.cmu.edu'
    Subject: Re: Digests As Connection-Specific Parameters

    Bart:

    I was not aware of any question at the plugfest about the scope
    of Digests -- what exactly are you refering too?

    We have always considered digests to be connection-specific
    parameters, and in Draft 10 this is absolutely clear because
    the HeaderDigest and DataDigest keys are label "CO", meaning
    "Connection Only".

    Bob Russell

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Bart Crane wrote:

    > Hello, I was asked to follow up on the question that came up at the plugfest
    > about Digests being Session-wide parameters?   Digests should be a
    > connection-specific parameter in the event that some boards can and some
    > boards can not accelerate the digest calculation.
    >
    > Bart.

Last updated: Thu Feb 28 21:18:07 2002
8954 messages in chronological order