    RE: is 1 Gbps a MUST?

    Hi Paul,

    I agree with everything you said.  What I was hoping to get comments on, is
    my interpretation of Jonathan Stone's claim and its implications to IPSec.

    Jonathan pointed out the need for bandwidth*RoundTripDelay worth of
    buffering per TCP connection to avoid a cliff-effect drop in performance;
    and I extrapolated the need to have no bottlenecks (such as IPSec) anywhere
    in the path to those buffers. From my perspective IPSec, or at least the
    part of IPSec that discriminates between secured and unsecured traffic, had
    better not be a bottleneck or IPSec will not be turned on at all.

    Vince