    Re: iSCSI: MaxBurstSize

    I believe, we need to consider this as issue with devices that can be both
    initiators and targets.

    Take for example a streaming tape; when it is reading the data from a Disk
    Storage Controller.  Often these device start a long I/O streaming action
    and have less memory then will contain the data they are requesting.
    Through various double buffering techniques, they can keep the data coming
    in, and going out to tape, without back-hitching.

    So I believe MaxBurstSize has value, even if the disk storage folks think
    it is minimal.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 02/21/2002 01:35:49 PM

    Sent by:    owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu