    Re: iSCSI: key negotiation - Unrecognized value? (fwd)

    Julian:

    I sent this message yesterday, but did not see it on the
    reflector, so I am sending it again -- my apologies to  you
    and others if you receive it twice.

    Bob Russell

    ----------------------------

    I agree that this is a good behavior to support, but draft 10
    does not make this clear.  The only reference to the use of "Reject"
    in the draft is in section 2.2.4 Text Mode Negotiation and is
    under that part which is discussing "literal list negotiation".
    There is no mention of the use of "Reject" in the following parts
    which discuss "numerical and single literal negotiations" and
    "Boolean negotiations".

    I would suggest eliminating the current sentence in draft 10
    which  introduces "Reject" under the "literal list negotiation"
    and instead add a modified version of the reply you wrote to
    Marjorie at the end of section 2.2.4, where items that apply to
    all types of negotiation are discussed.

    Thanks,

    Bob Russell
    InterOperability Lab
    University of New Hampshire
    rdr@iol.unh.edu
    603-862-3774

    On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Julian Satran wrote:

    > If it is not a list element the it is Reject. If it is a list element and
    > you recognize others then ignore the "bad" value else "Reject".
    >
    > Regards,
    > Julo
    >

    > "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <marjorie_krueger@hp.com>
    > Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    > 20-02-02 03:22
    >

    >         To:     "Ips Reflector (E-mail)" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    >         cc:
    >         Subject:        iSCSI: key negotiation - Unrecognized value?
    >

    > What is the proper response if you recognize a key, but are offered a
    > value
    > that you don't recognize?  For instance, what if MaxConnections=yes is
    > offered?
    >
    > Where is that specified in the document?
    >
    > Marjorie Krueger
    > Networked Storage Architecture
    > Networked Storage Solutions Org.
    > Hewlett-Packard