    Re: iSCSI: DataACK SNACK

    DataACK is a "bulk ack". Answering the last (in case of several) is good enough.
    I fail to see your point.

    Julo

    "Chuck Micalizzi" <chuck.micalizzi@qlogic.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    14-02-02 21:02

            To:        <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
            cc:
            Subject:        iSCSI: DataACK SNACK

    All,

       I have a question regarding DataACK.

       Rev. 10 section 10.16.1 states:

       For a Data/R2T SNACK, the Initiator Task Tag MUST be set
       to the Initiator Task Tag of the referenced Command.
       Otherwise, it is reserved.

       it also states:

       The DataACK is used to free resources at the target and
       not to request or imply data retransmission.

       Is the target allowed to have more than one DataACK
       outstanding on a connection?

       If multiple outstanding DataACKs are allowed per connection
       then in my opinion the DataACK must have a valid task tag
       inorder for the target to associate the DataACK with the
       appropriate resources to be freed.

    chuck micalizzi
    Qlogic Corp.

Last updated: Fri Feb 15 15:18:19 2002