    Re: UNH Plugfest

    Julian:

    > As for the question at hand - I think you did see already two opinions,
    > that I tend to agree with, that those poor souls that still rely on the
    > the CDB LUN should fix their drivers.
    >
    > We tried hard to avoid having to look inside the CDB all over iSCSI (we
    > don't even have to look inside to determine the length and that was
    > considered too at a point) and I don't see any good reason to break this
    > rule.

    I certainly agree that the spec does not need to be changed in any way
    to accommodate this.  The thought was only that somewhere, perhaps in
    an appendix or maybe a separate document, the issue of dealing with
    legacy SCSI systems could be deal with so that everyone would do it
    the same way and thus be interoperable.  But the spec as written is
    fine, and hopefully the operating systems still using the old SCSI
    specs will be upgraded in the near future (but there will always be
    users running older systems!)

    Bob Russell

Last updated: Fri Feb 15 13:17:59 2002
8763 messages in chronological order