    RE: iSCSI: MaxCmdSN rule

    Please consider also carefully the Serial Arithmetic rules with regard to
    "lower/higher" and the bounds on the ExpComdSN and MaxCmdSN difference.

    Julo
    ----- Forwarded by Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM on 08-02-02 02:26 -----

                        "Ayman Ghanem"
                        <aghanem@cisco       To:     <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
                        .com>                cc:
                        Sent by:             Subject:     RE: iSCSI: MaxCmdSN rule
                        owner-ips@ece.
                        cmu.edu

                        08-02-02 00:53

    This sentence should be changed to:

    "The target MUST NOT transmit a MaxCmdSN that is less than the last
    ExpCmdSN-1"

    The paragraph above this states:

    "If the PDU MaxCmdSN is less than the PDU ExpCmdSN-1 (in Serial Arithmetic
    Sense), they are both ignored."

    which allows MaxCmdSN = ExpCmdSN-1,valid, for the case when the target's
    command window is closed.

    -Ayman