    iSCSI: support value of ?

    Section 2.2.4 of draft 10 says:

    The value "?" with any key has the meaning of enquiry and should be

    answered with the current value or "NotUnderstood".

    What good is this?

    You should already know the answer as a result of login or text negotiations.

    Here are the only keys that can be used in FFP by the initiator:

    1)       SendTargets – we already have defined behavior for that key and those get the information anyway

    2)       TargetName – that is IO by initiator so he can’t send that key anyway. Also, he has to already know the target.

    3)       TargetAlias –  “this name MUST be communicated to the initiator during a Login”. So that is already known.

    4)       InitiatorAlias – the initiator should already know his alias

    5)       TargetAddress – the target is the only one that can send this in a response

    6)       MaxRecvPDULength – this should be known from the negotiations

    7)       Vendor Specific – Could this be the reason? If so, lets say that so we don’t have to add a lot of silly code. Or, lets say that the response to “?” can be “Reject” meaning that we don’t support that syntax (currently, the definition of the “Reject value” does not fit this).

    Eddy

Last updated: Fri Feb 15 13:18:00 2002
8763 messages in chronological order