    RE: iSCSI: Boolean value (yes, no) negotiation

    The "?" value is only valid in FFP.

    Eddy

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Rahul Bhagwat [mailto:rahulb@veritas.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 1:44 PM
    To: Lakshmi Ramasubramanian; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: Boolean value (yes, no) negotiation

    In this particular case, the default value for the key is "Yes". Initiator
    should
    be able to express it's preference that it wants to do away with immediate
    date if the target is willing to do so (without forcing it through the AND
    function),
    else the initiator is okay to work with immedidate data. Looks like this is
    not
    possible with the boolean  negotiation. Can we use ImmediateData=? to get
    the
    supported value from the target. If the target responds with yes, the
    initiator can
    either use immediate data (by responding Yes) or not use it (by responding
    No).
    If the target response no, the initiator does not use immediate data. In
    this case,
    the Login need not terminate. Does this give the solution ? Is this a valid
    thing ?

    Regards,
    Rahul