    RE: iSCSI ACA requirement

    I don't understand all the concern about the ACA being a MUST, because
    this is only in the iSCSI PDU's and not in the SCSI INQUIRY DATA. The
    iSCSI target can emulate the local device supporting ACA. This is easily
    done by checking the status code on the returned command (something that
    must alreadly be done), and if it indicates a SCSI error issuing a
    SCSI REQUEST SENSE command. When the response for the SCSI REQUEST SENSE
    is returned, the target iSCSI implementation returns all the information
    in the iSCSI SCSI CMD Response message. This eliminates another round trip
    to retrieve the information. On the iSCSI initiator side the local SCSI
    layer receives the Check condition with valid request and sense data without
    the need of issuing the REQUEST SENSE with the round trip delay.

    Jeff Fellin

Last updated: Mon Feb 04 15:17:57 2002
8622 messages in chronological order