    RE: iSCSI: not offering a key

    I don’t think we should be in the business of adding lots of code to cope with possible bugs at the other end … there would be no end to what you would do and how you would do it.

    Couldn’t we just strike the sentence and say what Dr. Russell said. I would suggest something like:

    “There is no such thing as implicit offers. If an explicit offer is not made then a reply cannot be expected.”

    -- cut and past from his EMAIL --

    I believe this sentence was added to the spec because at the

    last UNH plugfest, several people were interpreting "no explicit

    offer" of a key as an "implicit" offer of the default for the key,

    and were therefore expecting a reply.  This sentence is intended

    to prevent that interpretation -- if you don't make an explict offer

    you cannot expect a reply -- there are no such things as implicit offers.

    Eddy