    RE: Error in ips-security-07

    This is the infamous "dangling SA" issue discussed in ipsec
    in the past.  While I don't recall its resolution, the IKEv2
    draft prohibits dangling SAs, and the IPS Security draft is
    taking the same position.  OTOH, I seem to recall that IKEv1
    implementations differ on whether dangling SAs are allowed.
    Paul - are you suggesting that prohibiting dangling SAs
    would unnecessarily exclude some IKEv1 implementations to
    our detriment?

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Mon Jan 28 11:18:05 2002
8513 messages in chronological order