    iSCSI: invalid key value

    If a key has a value that is not valid, do you know how I respond?

    For example, DataDigest=#$C32C,none. The valid values are CRC32C,none.

    If I say DataDigest=NotUnderstood, wouldn't that mean the key was not understood?

    If I say DataDigest=Reject, that would mean I don't support the key for the current initiator.

    If I say DataDigest=Irrelevant, that would mean the digest is not relevant for the current negotiation.

    If I say DataDigest=none, that would mean I don’t support CRC32C when in reality I do. It could be that, since there is no digest in login, the 1st two letters got changed.

    If I treat it as a protocol error and send a response with status == 0200 or 0201, then the initiator does not know why.

    Eddy

Last updated: Fri Feb 01 22:17:53 2002
8603 messages in chronological order